Pages

Saturday, October 24, 2015

The pause

I've had so much on my mind lately friends, so much I want to say and share.  I just...I just haven't been able to get the words down.


Probably because two weeks ago I SPILLED AN ENTIRE GLASS OF WATER ON MY LAPTOP AND IT HASN'T WORKED SINCE.

The irony of the situation is I gave Grace a big girl cup to practice with while we enjoyed breakfast, and I was on such high alert because I was going to multitask with my laptop while one of us was strapped down, that in an attempt to make sure she didn't spill, me and my go-go gadget arms took out my own glass of ice water in the process.

So that was fun.

I'm hoping my Apple geek husband can come to my rescue so I can continue to write, because this place has become my therapy.  So thank you, readers, for reading.  You're helping me not go crazy.

These next few weeks are biggies, we are finding out the gender of baby #2 next Friday, and the following Tuesday #1 turns two years old!  We are busy planning parties and making space in our home for another person.  We're going to be adding a life here soon.  Isn't that amazing?  My nesting instincts are in high gear, and I'm so excited to see what kind of space we create for this new, precious person.  This is one of my favorite parts of bringing home a baby.  Creating a space that's just for him or her.  Even if it's more for my sake than theirs.

But that's a subject for another time and another post.  For now, stay tuned for details about Nycz #2, and cast your vote--boy or girl?! Look for a post about my incredible almost two year old who is the undisputed light of my life.  In the meantime, take a sneak peek at some of the pictures from our two year photo shoot.  This came together in  a matter of hours, when on one glorious Indian summer afternoon I drove past this field of flowers next to our favorite ice cream shop.  A vision of purples and golds and flower crowns appeared in my mind's eye, Grace and I high tailed it to Hobby Lobby (I MADE the flower crowns! :)  I told Eric to meet us at 4:30, please, because we're shooting some pictures k babe? and he cautiously consented.  He was not convinced.  He had no control over this, after all, and isn't he usually the artistic director?  (No, but I usually manipulate his ego to think so.)  But a little teamwork, a little scolding, a little pouting, and a little ice cream made these shots some of my favorite, ever.  Thanks Eric.

Enjoy, and thanks friends, for reading.  I'll see you real soon.  (Please pray for my laptop.)




























ooh nummy waih-bowh i-weam.  We may be headed to speech therapy, soon...

1 comment:

  1. Girl! But I'm hoping a boy for Nico! Either way we win!!

    ReplyDelete