Pages

Thursday, February 19, 2015

This is what 15 months looks like

Right now, Grace is napping and I am struck by how much she's changed the past few weeks.  I've gotta write some of this stuff down so I don't forget.  This kid is amazing.  So smart, so sweet, so fun...so much personality.




She loves music.  I ask her to sing me a song and she hums a little melody and sways her shoulders back and forth.  Then she likes to abruptly stop what she's doing, gaze at the floor, look up through her eyelashes, take off RUNNING and SCREAM.  It's funny.

I've noticed I don't take as many pictures of her as I used to, mostly because I'm constantly taking video of her.  But Blogger won't allow me to share videos straight from my phone, and I don't feel like figuring out how to make a youtube clip today.  So you'll just have to take my word for it.  She's busy and cute. And gifted. No I'm not biased.

Grace's new favorite word is bubble.  And we blow bubbles ALL the time on our kitchen floor, because it's been -20 degrees outside for the past few days.  Also I want to move to SoCal. 


She's incredibly girlie.  She loves to try on shoes, hold make up brushes, and her favorite sign language sign is diamond.  Sorry for that, future boyfriends.  Oh, and she tries on her tutus everyday.  I'm telling you, I have nothing to do with this. I know that kind of reads sarcastically...but I swear, it's all her! 
When in doubt, wear two tutus.

This is the face she makes when we tell her to smile:

"Smile!"
 This is the face she makes when she's sick to death of winter:

So I don't forget -- 15 months = 20 lbs, 2'7" tall, giant cranium.  Sound familiar...?

Recently she's added more animal sounds to her repertoire; sheep, cow, horse have joined a well-rehearsed dog, cat, fish and monkey.  She's become a picky eater, exclusively enjoying Chobani strawberry yogurt, milk, and Target-brand puffs.  That's it.  Because she's really, really stubborn. She's very good at saying "No." She can follow multi-step directions (when she feels like it), and while she can be a little shy around strangers, she is the star of the show if she's comfortable.  She's hilarious.  And I'm praying she's not a future theatre major.


1 comment:

  1. Your last sentence made me lol. And I agree in the SoCal thing-if we all go together-at least for half of the year.

    ReplyDelete