Pages

Saturday, February 14, 2015

Guest Post



Well hello everyone.  I'm Georgia, and I'm just delighted that mummy is finally sharing her blog with me.  It's about time, really.  I can't tell you what she's put me through the past year...really, bringing home that demanding little cry baby Grace, thinking she can just GO back to work, never letting my bestie Bellina come to visit, hardly letting me vacation at Grandma's...it's almost criminal.

But this latest stint? THIS IS WHERE I DRAW THE LINE.  Read on, dear ones, and I am sure you will see what I mean. Sure I love her, but she's just so unfair.











Let me just say it: Mummy is destroying a sacred place.  Yes that's right. I'm not mincing words. You see, early last winter I found it to be quite prudent to use a quiet spot in the front room (which is hardly ever used, by the way) as my tinkle room.  Isn't that a cute name? The carpet is plush, it's close, convenient, and Mummy and Daddy were none the wiser.  Until they caught me yellow pawed.  I never get any privacy.

Anyway, I got in trouble.  But I'm tiny and sneaky, and tenacious, so I kept it up. I had to! I'm certain you all remember last winter's polar vortex, where temperatures plunged well below zero for a record number of days, right?  Well, when you weigh 8 pounds and have the constitution of a porcelain doll, one can't possibly be expected to go outside to relieve oneself, can one?  The answer, of course, is no.  Plus, I prefer mummy or daddy take me out on my leash (I like them to suffer along beside me if I'm expected to go outside.), and last year Grace was just a tiny swaddled bundle of tears and regurgitated milk who apparently needed constant attention, so no one would come outside with me.  Quite frankly, they brought this upon themselves.

Until Mummy said she couldn't take it anymore and they disappeared in the magical, movable metal box and came home with a bunch of boxes of wood.

They ripped out my tinkle room carpet and replaced it with slick, cold wood.  The nerve.





Here's daddy laying the sub floor.  He thinks he's so smart and manly.

Hey dad?  You still looking for your favorite pair of socks?

That's what I thought.  Who's smart now?

heh. heh. heh.











Mummy and Daddy are SO EMBARRASSING.  I assume the G is for Georgia.






Look at this.  Every time I walked into the room I was sushed away.  She teeters around like a drunk little elf and they act like it's the second coming. I can literally THROW MY OWN TENNIS BALL and I don't even get a second look.  

Well, brace yourselves, the picture below is the final product.  Mummy bought those shelves to put on either side of the fireplace, but she forgot to measure for the molding, so they don't fit.  Serves her right.  She keeps telling me the room's "not done yet" so I'm holding out hope for something soft and fluffy... 
Until then...there's a plush green carpet upstairs that needs my attention.
Heh. heh. heh.








1 comment:

  1. Bellina Shout-Out! She appreciates that-least someone remembers Her!

    ReplyDelete