Pages

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Numbers

We measure our lives with numbers.  I'll be there in 15 minutes! (yeah, right) Two years ago at this time I was eating frozen custard every day, and one year ago I was going crazy.  In five months my daughter will be two years old.  And so on.  This week, we celebrated Anna's high school graduation. 13 years of math tests, spelling lists, and food science projects in the books. And in return, Anna received her diploma.




The trio. Lincoln, you will never again have this much style in your halls.  Ever.

Four girls have matured under my parents watch, and all four of us graduated from the same high school, in a really beautiful and blessed ceremony.




What's really crazy is that my dad was 37  years old when I graduated. My mom was only 36. My husband is currently 35.  I'm just going to give you a minute to let that soak in.
 

One graduate, 10 pounds of nacho cheese, and 80 degrees on the thermometer = the makings of an amazing grad party. I'm going to let the amazing images speak for themselves, here. And take my lack of writing as a moment of silence for my Eric's incredible talent with the camera. I mean. Seriously.

The littles, grown up.



The loves of my life.





Mimi?

"Show your best side..."
Now please don't misunderstand me in this next paragraph.  Graduation is a big deal.  Anna was a good student and she has a very bright future, whatever she chooses.  She's choosing dance, along with countless other adventures, as she studies next year at Columbia University in Chicago.  These next two days, though, are really what marks the end of this chapter of her life.  Her last dance recital.  She's been dancing since she was 5.  That makes 13 recitals, one for every report card she received and grade she completed.  Dance is Anna's heart and soul.  I was so excited to be a part of her graduation ceremony and party and I didn't once feel melancholy or bittersweet about any of it.  DANCE RECITAL ON THE OTHER HAND.  This is the thing that will crack me open.  She's hanging up her small-town pointe shoes, folks, and taking them to the big city.  But first, she's leaving it all on the stage, with her besties by her side, on 6/11.
















But Miss Ani isn't the only one who's numbers are adding up this week.  MimiTamiMrsKaren Schuette celebrated a big birthday on June 9th. She's rolling into a new decade!  I can't believe how young she is, but she's having a difficult time wrapping her mind around the fact that she has been on this planet for 50 years.



I have friends that are basically the same age as her. People don't understand how we go together when we're out in public with Grace...sisters? Friends? How the...?  Karen, you're killing it.  Keep it up babe.





Basically we're all really sick of eating and drinking, but we love being together, so we'll keep soldiering through this.

And, the last number.  OneOne year to the day since this blog's conception.  In honor of my one year anniversary I'm giving 5 lucky readers a bottle of my favorite Chardonnay and a fitbit...just kidding. I'm drinking the Chardonnay and I gave my mom the fitbit for her birthday.
I'm so overjoyed that I have this outlet, and that YOU honor me by taking time out of your busy lives to share in mine, and comment and laugh and point out things I didn't notice. Thank you!





1 comment: