Pages

Thursday, March 26, 2015

Chopped

Its spring!  At least that's what the calendar says.  These flurries might say otherwise, but I'm soo ready to do some spring cleaning.  You feel me?  Time to air out the old and bring in the fresh spring air and energy. This time of year, I'm constantly cleaning out drawers, donating old clothing, shifting and reorganizing to make my life more streamlined.

In addition to organization, I like to give my life a little face lift every now and again.  I tend to decorate my house seasonally, shifting and moving furniture and other odds and ends to match my mood and the time of year.  Georgia shared with you my new wood floors, and I'm in the process of planning an overhaul for my living room.  On a budget.  Like, all I can afford is paint and lampshades.  But it's going to be cool!  It's a part of who I am, I think, to want to change up and make beautiful my surroundings.

And sometimes, I look in the mirror and think, girlfriend, let's switch it up.

What do you mean, switch it up? You look great....(that's sarcasm, in case the sarcasm font doesn't show up.)





An auburn poodle?  Bozo the clown's wig?  All valid guesses.




#chopped

New season, new do!  I'm loving the lob trend, and I've been inspired by celebs and normal girls alike, taking the risk and changing it up.  I've had long hair for the last, oh, decade or so, and it was time for me to stop hiding behind all those inches of last season's hair and jump into spring, hair first.
We are heading to the Caribbean tomorrow (thanks Mom and Dad!) and I'm looking forward to taking my new look on vacation for a few days. I love the freedom that comes with exploring a new place -- you can completely change your look and style and you don't have to feel judged because no one knows who you are anyway-- and then you get to bring the best pieces of what you created home with you.

I'm also curious to see how crazy it will get surrounded by water on all sides.  Anyone with an ounce of texture to their hair will get me.  Right, Monica...?


Big shout out to my girl Tina for taking this journey with me, and for having no fear!






1 comment: