Pages

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

This is what one year looks like

8:38 am, 365 days to the minute.  Happy Birthday, dear Grace!

I am truly embarrassed at how long it has taken me to write this post.  Actually, I'm truly embarrassed how long it's taken my husband to dump/cull/edit/upload the photos from our camera to his computer so I could access them for this post, but no one likes a...
I asked him to finish that phrase for me and he said, "actually, he had to dump/cull/edit/upload them, and he works full time, and he's a busy dad, and we went to a Badger game, and there was a holiday..." so, you see how things roll around here.  Eric, I have mad respect for you, but no smoke-blowing will happen in this blog post.
No one likes a whiner would suffice.  I digress. 



My baby is one.  I have had her for a full calendar year.  I want more. I can't get enough.

Here are some highlights from party central:
ONE singular sensation, every little step she takes.....

Thank you, Grandpa Giant, for the huge giraffe and matching baby which will require an addition to our house.

And thank you, Hobby Lobby for 50% off craft supplies.

Grace Noelle shares her special day with her auntie Eden Noelle.  We celebrated these two beauties with a trip to one of our favorite cafes for lunch, and followed it up with birthday cake after dinner.
I am so lucky to have both these girls in my life, and I'm still so giddily astounded that they are birthday buddies.

iPhones make great gifts, Grandma.













Pinterest ain't got nothing on me.
Eric and I do our best to keep added sugars out of our daughter's diet... thus, we really debated what kind of cake to give Grace for her first birthday cake smash.  I was going to bake a low sugar, applesauce-laden lame-ass birthday cake for her...but after much hemming and hawing, I ran out of time...and thank gawd I didn't actually take the precious time to make her a cake because she was NOT.INTO.IT.  At all.



Actually, Grace had two birthday parties, one on Saturday to celebrate with her out of town family, and one on her real birthday with those who live close by.
Auntie Al, this bib's for you.


Bitty Baby got the best reaction ever!
I kid you not, she took her first steps at her first birthday party!























Elmo, for the win.

We have come a long, long way this year.  There are moments where I wish we could go back, just for a minute, just to remeber how it all started...but then I look into her big, curious eyes and know that the best is unfolding right before me.  And I am ever so grateful.

I mean, c'mon.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Gracie! You'll always be our favorite itty bitty American doll! Xo.

    ReplyDelete